Wednesday, November 12, 2008

MAMMA MIA! here I go again...





MY MY how can I resist you!?


A few weeks ago my very first visitor came to the big city to stay the weekend with me; my best friend Erika! (I introduced her in an earlier post a few months ago!) We had the best time and had the chance to do a lot of fun things over the Halloween weekend. Some of our activities included a penthouse Halloween party downtown, Central Park and Riverside Park walking, some fun restaurants and local pubs, and of course shopping!

On her last evening in town, we were given the opportunity to go see, my very first Broadway show, MAMMA MIA! After getting all dressed up (I got to wear my NEW Prada's!) we headed downtown to Carmine's for an Italian bite. Which, FYI, the portions are unbelievably ginormous! But yet very tasty. We walked a few blocks down to the Winter Garden Theater and crowds of people were beginning to enter the venue. The inside was beautiful and dramatic with historic seating and romantic fixtures giving the perfect ambiance to my first theatrical adventure! The lights dimmed and the show began...

Sorry no details here! I don't want to ruin the show...

BUT I will say the show was hilarious and energetic. The actors/actresses were amazing and the voices were unbelievable. 2 hours later, I understood exactly why everyone loves Broadway! If you have a chance, this is definitely a must see!! Thanks again Scott and Theresa!! :)ny

No comments: