Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Movie Night

This week I went to see my first movie in New York! Those of you who know me well, this has been the longest period of time that I haven't made my way into a movie theater. I was beginning to have withdrawals...

My roommate and I both were wanting to see the new movie starring Angelina Jolie and John Malkovich, Clint Eastwood's Changeling. To find the right first theater to go to in New York, I pulled out my handy-dandy NFT(Not For Tourists) NY book. By the way, this has been one of the best books I have ever bought! Lots of facts on the city, places to go for EVERY location, and a subway/bus map comes with! If you are going to a city you are not familiar with and might be staying a while.. find your city and purchase the little black book! :)

The theater we selected was located near Lincoln Center. We hoped on the 1 train and head downtown. The theater looked small from the outside, but inside it was enormous! Themed theaters, elevators, nothing like Charlotte, NC theaters. We went to the Paradise theater to enjoy our cinematic adventure!

I will say this about the movie, UNBELIEVABLE performances by the entire cast. And you will be completely captivated by the emotionally disturbing plot. I cried so much, but not just because it was sad... it was painful and horrifying. Even if you don't have a child, you can feel the pain and persistence Angelina's character portrays throughout the film. John Malkovich's character adds some sarcastic humor but for the most part the movie is serious and powerful. I highly recommend this movie! A+ all the way!ny

No comments: